McDonald's Field Office Communications in Walnut Creek, California
The Field Communications Supervisor drives the success of the McDonald’s System by providing communication and advisory support at the Field Office level. This individual has proven skills as a communicator and is particularly adept at managing critical relationships and providing strategic counsel to senior stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Head of Internal Communications, based in Chicago, IL and will directly support the Walnut Creek, CA Field Office in Walnut Creek, CA.
· Strong advisory skills with the ability to be peer-like with and offer credible advice to senior leaders.
· Business acumen with a demonstrated ability to understand the needs and concerns of individual franchisees and the broader Company strategy, and how to use communication to drive results.
· The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative, and reliable.
· Exceptional relational skills and the ability to build advisory relationships in a corporate environment.
· Experience in project management and event execution.
· Excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills.
Communication Strategy Development and Execution
· Coordinate with the US Internal Communications team on national communication strategy development and execution.
· Align local communication activities (at the Field Office and Co-Op level) with national communication strategy and messaging.
· Develop communication content related to Field Office-specific information that materially drives Operator performance within their restaurants.
· Tie into national communication tracking, screening, and sequencing processes.
· Support the distribution of communication at the Field Office and Co-Op level.
Provide Strategic Counsel and Advice to Leadership and Key Audiences
· Equip Franchise Business Partners to communicate with Operators in the Walnut Creek, CA Field Office area through individual coaching conversations and development and distribution of communication materials.
· Provide communication counsel to the Field Office Vice President, Operator leadership, and Franchise Business Partners based in the Walnut Creek, CA Field Office.
Manage Critical Stakeholder Relationships
· Develop and execute a comprehensive Field Office-level Communications Cadence for each Co-Op that aligns with the national connection points. This includes but is not limited to Operator leadership calls, meetings, and other briefings.
· Establish and grow relationships with key stakeholders throughout the Field Office, Co-op, and the Operator community and drive the Field Office relationship management process.
· Stay ahead of issues through ongoing engagement with key stakeholders across the organization (e.g., Marketing, Deployment, HR).
· Participate in regular calls and meetings with US Communications.
Meeting Planning and Participation
· Support the strategic planning and execution of internal events (e.g., Operator Summits).
· Travel to national meetings and planning sessions as needed.
Field Communications Supervisor
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.