McDonald's BRE - AI UX - 5B (SFO) in San Francisco, California
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the foodservice industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have an impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
As McDonald’s continues to innovate and disrupt the restaurant industry, we are looking to add a core member of our Conversational AI and Speech team. As Conversational Interaction Designer, you will leverage research data, customer interviews, create prototypes, and more to define how best to resolve customer requests through conversational interfaces (e.g. bots, voice assistants, etc.). We are looking for someone who understands the impact of AI and automation and the new set of challenges and opportunities it creates for the user experience.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
What you need:
· BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience creating high-quality software interfaces for complex websites or applications, preferably in an agency/studio setting
· Proven experience with conversational interaction design and related technologies (e.g. speech recognition, natural language understanding, dialog design, and speech synthesis)
· Technical writing and communications design to convey requirements
· Understanding of the software development lifecycle; comfort interacting with technical teams;
· Ability to conceptualize and implement solutions to clients’ explicit and implicit Design needs; strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to take ownership, prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
What you’ll be doing:
· Using a broad range of user experience design skills to concept, design, and define effective and delightful conversational experiences for AI enabled solutions
· Analyzing research data, content domains, prototypes, and other methods to create the optimal experience for users
· Building and testing prototypes with a broad range of fidelity to support testing with end users, collect feedback, and iterate as needed
· Collaborating effectively with cross-functional product development teams to design and implement innovative solutions that integrate user needs, business objectives, and technical capabilities
· Synthesize complex user, business, and technology requirements to create professional, high quality project deliverables that effectively articulate the user-experience design and strategy for a solution. These include research findings, personas, workflows, wireframes, and product specifications, dialog design, and expected AI responses
· Understanding complex technology systems integrations and providing recommendations on how to link or integrate them to create a unified and streamlined experience for users
· Identifying opportunities to augment or extend existing style guide and design patterns to support new needs that emerge from a particular project
Conversational Interaction Designer
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.