McDonald's Global Deployment Lead - London in London, United Kingdom
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
Could you be our next Global Deployment Lead?
With 100+ markets, McDonald’s Global is focused on creating a frictionless, personalized experience for the over 70 million customers served every single day. Our Global team, who is based out of Shoreditch, is at the forefront of technology to ensure our McDonald’s business is moving at pace to match our ever changing customer needs.
One of those every changing customer needs is McDonald’s Delivery and this has been set as one of the key growth pillars for our business. You will be at the forefront of this leading the implementation of the technologies required to support Point Of Sale Integration for Europe.
How comfortable are you with being uncomfortable?
Based in Shoreditch, but servicing on a global scale, this Global Deployment Lead role will see you delivering and supporting technologies to improve restaurant crew efficiencies through POS Integration to a large number of markets, ensuring delivery to plan and market specific requirements are catered for. Whilst not an easy brief, it is an opportunity for a driven technologist with exceptional communication skills to provide their wealth of experience to help in making our restaurants a place people want to work.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· 6+ years professional work experience.
· 3+ years of project management experience
· 3+ year of technology experience – infrastructure, software lifecycle, cloud etc
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
· Customer service focus and appreciation for 24x7 business cycle.
· Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships.
· Ability to assemble and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of the organization.
· Desire to thrive in a dynamic, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Ability to balance multiple challenging priorities successfully.
· Ability to understand and lead complex technology solutions.
· Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and customer-focused with a strong attention to detail.
· Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization – up, down, and across.
· Ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
· Demonstrated technical acumen.
· Of benefit (not mandatory) to have retail experience, mobile or digital experience or knowledge of McDonald's POS, cashless, back office, and other restaurant technologies.
Why choose us?
We are moving fast and are adding to our elite team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched McDelivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
What can you expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis?
· Manage end to end the implementation of POS Integration Technologies to markets
· Directly managing contract resources - Project Manager & Business Analyst
· Gathering and understanding market requirements
· Performing & assisting in the strategic planning and hand over of Market 0 / new 3PO technologies to Global Deployment Hubs
· Liaising with suppliers, internal teams, market stakeholders to resolve global or market level escalations relating to 3PO POS Integration
· Liaising with our Global Deployment Hubs and provide support for any mass deployment escalations and establish change processes to resolve for future deployments
· Manage aspects of travel to market (when required) to ensure effectively delivery to milestones and targets
· Maintain initiative roadmap, schedule, and dependency relationships for your region
· Create frequent project communications.
· Ensure Global Project Teams technical delivery matches market expectations
· Proactively manage risks and issues across your multiple implementations
· Conference calls with various global stakeholders
· Scoping and prioritising activities based on business and customer impact
· Translating strategy into detailed requirements
· Developing strategy and creating buy-in for the project vision with multiple stakeholder groups
· Working closely with varied internal, external, local and Global teams to deliver with quick 'time-to-market' and optimal resource management across your region
· Running of workshops and key meetings to get cross-functional alignment at a senior level
Your keys to success:
You are an exceptional communicator with a consistent track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, managing complex projects from end to end. You have effective interpersonal skills complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's/ Retail business.
Global Deployment Lead
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.