McDonald's Solutions Architect - Chicago (Wolfgang) in Chicago, Illinois
The Solution Architect is responsible for leading, defining and introducing the overall technical vision for a technical solution that address specific business problems by mapping the business requirements to technical requirements and ensuring the delivered solutions progress the overall architecture strategy.
In this role you will drive the evaluation of new technologies to advise Product Owners and Service Managers and delivers proof of concepts including application design, architecture, integration and deployment options of the envisioned solution.
We are looking for a Solution Architect who has demonstrated the experience of providing support (services) to large and complex multi-locational environment. As a Solution Architect, you have the knowledge of service level agreements, service metrics and service reporting.
Experience & Knowledge
· 8+ years’ experience in a comparable role or in multiple IT areas in an enterprise environment
· Experience leading IT infrastructure and (cloud) technology development projects and ensure objectives, goals and dedications are met
· Strong analytical, planning and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead significant demands. You recognize the corporate strategy and all business processes but also understand technical specifications
· You have proven excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with business and IT stakeholders at all levels including the executive level. You should be able to listen, advise, empathize and explain.
· Ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
· Experience of working in a dynamic environment with continual demands and changing priorities
· Strong, confident, ambitious and willing to take ownership and accountability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
· Demonstrated experience of delivering solutions in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers and offshore resources
Technical Knowledge & Skills
· Familiar with Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards
· IT Infrastructure and cloud development
· Engineering and software architecture design
· ITIL® Certification with experience in Service Delivery, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement
· PRINCE2® Certification (or equal) with proven experience in project management delivering on time and within budget
Who are we?
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Define features, phases and solution requirements
· You will craft a solution prototype
· You will find the best solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
· Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined and delivered
· Analyze all non-functional requirements and ensure that further product engineering will meet them
· Help teams to develop the product on time, on budget and ensuring that it solves the problem it was designed to solve
· You will analyze the technology environment
· Analyses and document requirements
· Participate in technology selection
· Control solution development
· You will support project management
· Participate and mentor in architectural discussions
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.