McDonald's GBS Finance - Project Accounting Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s has an exciting opportunity for a Project Accounting Team Supervisor to develop an array of knowledge related to project accounting and fixed assets. The position is primarily responsible for the accounting activities related to construction and real estate, while adhering to accounting principles, and implementing practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting. The Project Accounting/Fixed Asset Supervisor will supervise 6-7 direct reports with various skillsets and is responsible for developing the team and ensuring the work is properly allocated.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
· 2 to 3+ years of full cycle, transactional accounting experience
· 2+ years of experience analyzing data
· 1 to 2+ years working in a leadership capacity (i.e. mentored staff, worked in a Senior Position)
· Willing to travel up to 10%
· Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of project accounting concepts.
· Assists and supports in providing balance sheet and income statement financial information.
· Performs the month end sub-ledger close process.
· Overseas the team with their month end close procedures.
· Ensures SOX compliance and acts as liaison with internal and external auditors.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures.
· Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes.
· Leads the training process for new and existing staff as needed.
· Works with the team to help establish goals and objectives for the year.
· Collaborates with internal and external customers providing superior customer service.
· Supports and leads all accounting functions related to project accounting and fixed assets.
· Participates in audit walk-through sessions.
· Research and provide answers to customer inquiries.
· Ensuring the team is producing their accounting functions by designated completion dates.
· Responsible for the review of assigned balance sheet account reconciliations, P&L review activities, and project close out reconciliations, along with designated team members.
GBS Finance - Project Accounting Supervisor
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.