McDonald's Data Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
McDonalds is looking to hire a Data Engineer. The role will work closely with data scientists and includes developing, maintaining, and testing models to support business use cases. Responsibilities also include collaborating with business leaders to translate business requirements into technical, scalable solution.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Who are we?
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information technology preferred
· Ability to present to senior leadership and partners
· Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, EMR.
· Experience in ETL and data warehouse technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
· Skilled manipulating Big Data using HDFS/Hadoop eco system tools
· Familiarity with modern Machine Learning techniques
· Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment is a plus
· Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architecture
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to synthesize technical information for a business audience
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.