McDonald's Business Insights - Initiative Management Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
About the Department:
US Finance is comprised of financial professionals who oversee all financial activity, including accounting, economic policy, and business insights and strategy for McDonald's USA, LLC. The Business Insights & Strategy team within US Finance acts as internal strategy consultants providing thought leadership and actionable insights to support major Menu, Marketing and other strategic growth initiatives, such as Digital and Delivery. We use a combination of consumer data, competitor data, and internal data (among others) to track, manage and maximize performance of new and existing initiatives across the lifecycle of an initiative - from concept development, testing, business case modeling, to the on-going maximization of initiatives across our large network of over 14,000 US restaurants.
About the Opportunity:
In this role, you will have an outstanding opportunity to participate in cross-functional teams accountable for developing the national marketing calendar and strategic growth initiatives. You will provide key insights into profitability trends, opportunities and risks to help shape future marketing programs, analyze the potential viability of initiatives under test, forecast national financial impact, and make recommendations based on the business screens established for the program. You will also evaluate initiative performance across the lifecycle of an initiative and help identify opportunities to maximize performance. Other special projects include providing financial analyses in support of the U.S. strategic growth plan. This position will build and maintain relationships with functional disciplines outside of Finance, including Marketing, Menu Strategy, Supply Chain, Operations, and Leadership Franchisees.
Required Competencies :
· High level of intellectual curiosity
· Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Ability to influence others through storytelling and empathy
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to structure and quickly synthesize large volumes of data to develop actionable insights
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities
· Ability to operate independently and effectively in a team-based environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
· 3 + years Consulting, Business Insights/Research, Strategy or analytical and data intensive environment;
· Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
· Evaluation of initiatives and development of business cases, including forecasting initiative sales, guest count, unit movement and cash flow impact
· Assessment of performance of both new and existing initiatives
· Identification and prioritization of opportunities to maximize performance
· Framing and communicating results of analysis to various stakeholders, including senior leadership and influential owner / operators
Business Insights Finance Supervisor
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.